Here are a few tips for accomplishing a perfect accent wall:
1. An accent wall is normally the wall you first see when walking into a room. An accent wall should anchor and better define the space.
2. An accent wall looks best when it is a bold shade against more neutral-colored walls. Alternatively, a wall done in a wallpaper of the same shade adds interest and texture to the room.
3. Choose a paint or wallpaper that will support the colors already in the room. Even though it's an accent wall, the over-all look should still be cohesive.
4. Often times, the accent wall highlights a focal point in the room (like in the first image, it highlights the dining room table and artwork, the last image, the crib.) The focal point could also be a fireplace or TV
5. Add bits of the color of the accent wall subtly throughout the room, such as a piece of art or flowers.
This post was written by Natalie.